- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
The Top 12 Most Unhealthy Foods on the Planet
If you are like most people, you have probably made a resolution to eat healthier this year. But what exactly does that mean? If you ask around, you will get a whole bunch of different answers. With so much information, it’s hard to know what’s good for you anymore.
One of the things we can do is to start pinpointing the things that are bad for you. Not just really bad, but unbelievably bad. For example, if you are trying to decide what to eat for breakfast and you know from reading this list that boxed pancakes and manufactured cereals are out of the question, that will help narrow down your choices, won’t it? Now, just because it’s not on this list does not mean that it’s OK to eat; this is a list for beginners who are wondering if certain foods are healthy for them or not.
So let’s take a look at the top 12 food landmines so you can step around them and begin to search for healthier choices.
1. Artificial Sweeteners
This isn’t a food per se, but it’s an ingredient in many foods that you need to watch out for. You will find this listed on many diet foods, sugar-free foods, and foods that you might think are healthy for you because they have zero calories, such as diet soda. True, many of these foods have lower calories or no calories, but this doesn’t mean they have zero effect on your health. In fact, far from it.
There is a huge amount of evidence showing that the chemicals that make up artificial sweeteners have serious side effects. The FDA has received more than 10,000 complaints about health issues related to aspartame alone. So in your quest to eat healthy, remember that zero calories actually means zero health benefits.