- 4 Healthy Body And Soul Warming Recipes For Cold Winter Days (We Love #1!)
- Eight Smoothie Recipes To Prevent Heart Attacks And Lower Your Risk Of Cancer
- These 10 Ayurvedic Tips Will Keep You Healthy!
- Why Does The Brain Have 2 Halves?
- 14 Non-Toxic Ways To End Stinky Piggies (#12 Will Make You LOL)
- Surprising Signs Your Body Is Too Acidic And 10 Ways To Fix It
- 6 Terrific Tips For Fighting Stomach Flu
The Top 5 Dangers of a Pot Belly
Ok, we all know that it’s bad to be overweight, to have that pot belly hanging over our belts, but is it really that bad?
It’s true that many of us carry our fat in whatever manner our parents carried theirs; it’s in your genes, which is something you can’t change. However, you can shrink or eliminate that belly fat because it’s a lot more dangerous than you think. Abdominal fat, also called visceral fat, plays a huge part in many health problems. Here is a list of the top 5 health dangers that are caused by that visceral fat storing itself in and around your internal organs.
1. High Cholesterol
Deep abdominal fat can be made into free fatty acids by the body. This results in your body making LDL, that “bad” type of cholesterol you hear about so often. Obesity also tends to make your arteries deteriorate so along with the bad cholesterol, you are setting yourself up for a dangerous health problem along the lines of stroke, heart disease, heart attack, and high blood pressure.