- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
The Undisputable Connection Between Cancer And Sodas
You have probably been hearing since you were a child that sodas are not good for you, and that sodas lead to weight gain, tooth decay, diabetes, and much, much more. Recently, however, studies have shown a new connection between cancer and soda. This newly found link lies not in the sugar or the aspartame, but in the substance that gives soda its color.
A coloring agent that is present in many sodas called 4-Mel has been found to cause cancer when consumed in higher amounts. Colas (and all sodas) should contain less than 29 micrograms of 4-Mel. However, recent tests performed in sodas on both the West and East coasts and published in Consumer Reports found the following:
- A&W Root Beer: 24.2 micrograms
- Coca-Cola ( all types): fewer than 4 micrograms
- Malta Goya: 352.5 micrograms
- Pepsi One: 195.3 micrograms
- Pepsi and Diet Pepsi: 174.4 micrograms
- Whole Foods’ Dr. Snap: 55.9
Wow. These are some pretty shocking numbers. All brands tested except for Coca Cola brands were way over the acceptable limit. It is also sad to note that the “healthy” Whole Foods brand had double the amount of this cancer-causing agent than Coca Cola did. This makes most sodas nothing more than cancer in a can, right?
Continue to Page 2