- 4 Healthy Body And Soul Warming Recipes For Cold Winter Days (We Love #1!)
- Eight Smoothie Recipes To Prevent Heart Attacks And Lower Your Risk Of Cancer
- These 10 Ayurvedic Tips Will Keep You Healthy!
- Why Does The Brain Have 2 Halves?
- 14 Non-Toxic Ways To End Stinky Piggies (#12 Will Make You LOL)
- Surprising Signs Your Body Is Too Acidic And 10 Ways To Fix It
- 6 Terrific Tips For Fighting Stomach Flu
The Undisputable Connection Between Cancer And Sodas
You have probably been hearing since you were a child that sodas are not good for you, and that sodas lead to weight gain, tooth decay, diabetes, and much, much more. Recently, however, studies have shown a new connection between cancer and soda. This newly found link lies not in the sugar or the aspartame, but in the substance that gives soda its color.
A coloring agent that is present in many sodas called 4-Mel has been found to cause cancer when consumed in higher amounts. Colas (and all sodas) should contain less than 29 micrograms of 4-Mel. However, recent tests performed in sodas on both the West and East coasts and published in Consumer Reports found the following:
- A&W Root Beer: 24.2 micrograms
- Coca-Cola ( all types): fewer than 4 micrograms
- Malta Goya: 352.5 micrograms
- Pepsi One: 195.3 micrograms
- Pepsi and Diet Pepsi: 174.4 micrograms
- Whole Foods’ Dr. Snap: 55.9
Wow. These are some pretty shocking numbers. All brands tested except for Coca Cola brands were way over the acceptable limit. It is also sad to note that the “healthy” Whole Foods brand had double the amount of this cancer-causing agent than Coca Cola did. This makes most sodas nothing more than cancer in a can, right?
Continue to Page 2