- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
- The Healthiest Way To Prepare Onions Video
- Healthy Meal Prep Basics For Beginners Video
- Your Guide To Identifying And Cooking Edible Mushrooms Infographic
- 8 Best Herbs To Use For Digestive Health Infographic
- Hidden Dangers Of Mammograms All Women Should Know About
- Why Is Butter Better?
These 10 Ayurvedic Tips Will Keep You Healthy!
People are becoming more and more interested in not only getting healthy, but staying that way. There are many thoughts, tips, and proven research that can lend some insight into this area. One of the sets of beliefs that was created to help people live a simple, but healthy diet are from the Ayurveda medical system.
What is Ayurveda?
Over 3,000 years ago a holistic system of healing came about in India. The Ayurvedic form of medicine is considered one of the oldest holistic approaches in the world. The basis for this type of treatment was created around the premise that the health and wellness of the body revolve around the body, mind, and spirit. It is geared towards keeping you healthy rather than finding ways to cure you.
Ayurveda feels that each person consists of the five major elements that make up our lives: air, fire, space, earth, and water. These elements break down even further into doshas which control how our bodies work. The three doshas are:
- Kapha dosha, which is made up of the earth and water.
- Vata dosha, which includes air and space.
- Pitta dosha, which leaves water and fire.
These are all natural elements of our Earth and the best way to stay healthy is to keep your doshas in balance. Here are 10 easy ways you can turn these doshas into everyday tips to help you enjoy a long and healthy life.
1. Lemon water first thing in the morning
There are many reasons why you may want to drink a glass of warm water first thing in the morning. If you like, you can add the juice of one lemon and even add a little bit of honey to make it palatable. Here is what lemon water can do for you each morning:
- Detoxifies your body
- Reduces any organisms in your body that may carry bacteria
- Helps to relieve constipation
- Aids in losing weight
- Eases menstrual cramps
- Serves as an expectorant to soothe your dry throat and ease your esophagus.
- Helps to keep away potential kidney stones
Continue to Page 2