- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This Can Be Your New Superfood On The Block! (Benefit #3 Makes It the Best!)
2. Balanced vitamin and mineral profile
Seaweed contains a good blend of vitamins A, C and E, as well as B vitamins. It also offers minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium. While it does offer a nice selection of nutritional elements, it is important to keep in mind that a typical serving of seaweed is pretty small, equivalent to about two tablespoons, so you’re not getting that much. Just think of these nutrients as a great bonus.
This might be the number one benefit of eating more seaweed. It is one of the richest natural sources of iodine in the world. This is a very important mineral which millions of people around the world are deficient in without even realizing it. Maintaining the right iodine levels in your body is absolutely essential for keeping your thyroid gland healthy. This large gland located in the base of the throat is part of your endocrine system, and produces and regulates levels of hormones found throughout your body. If you’re not getting enough iodine, your thyroid can’t function properly, and your hormone levels will go haywire, contributing to all manners of health problems.
Your body cannot synthesize iodine on its own, you can only get it through your diet. Thyroid problems often produce subtle and confusing symptoms which can be misdiagnosed or go undetected for years. The best way to avoid this problem is to make sure you’re getting enough iodine, and one of the best ways to do that is by eating seaweed.
Overall, seaweed can make a refreshing, delicious and nutritious addition to a healthy diet. Pick some up today and experiment with different recipes! Seaweed’s versatility is part of what makes it such a fun and unique food. Try it and learn what the Japanese have known for centuries. Seaweed is a true superfood!