- Things You Never Knew About Vodka But Always Wanted To Ask!
- Excessive Sodium: How Much Is Too Much? Infographic
- How To Lose Weight? 3 Dietary And Lifestyle Solutions Video
- How To Save Money On Superfoods!
- Don’t Want Cancer? Don’t Put Your Potatoes In The Fridge
- Mix And Match Your New Favorite Healthy Snack Using This Helpful Chart Infographic
- Top 5 Tips For Better Brain Health And Clearer Thinking Video
This Is Why You Need To Try Hibiscus Juice Or Tea
As time goes on, it seems the market is ever ready to present us with new superfoods and drinks loaded with a range of health benefits. Hibiscus is most certainly one of them. The hibiscus plant, known scientifically as Hibiscus sabdariffa, has flowers in all beautiful shades of the rainbow and is native to sub-tropical and tropical regions around the world. The juice or tea is made by taking the flower and other parts of the plant and boiling them down to produce a ruby red liquid. Slightly sour in taste, it has been likened to cranberry juice and can be consumed hot or cold at the consumer’s preference. Read on to find out more about the amazing range of health benefits this humble plant has to offer.
1. Anti-inflammatory properties
Hibiscus tea is packed full of vitamin C, also known as ascorbic acid, which boosts and ensures the proper functioning of a healthy immune system making hibiscus tea a powerful anti-inflammatory agent. It’s therefore an excellent choice of tea for the colder winter months to help the body adequately defend itself against the bacteria and viruses which tend to circulate at this time of the year.
2. Helps with hypertension
Hypertension is the medical term for high blood pressure, a condition which can wreak havoc in your body. There are many natural tools and methods to bring your blood pressure back down to a normal, healthy level, and hibiscus tea or juice is one of them. Studies have shown that drinking 2 – 3 cups a day every day for a few weeks can lower the blood pressure even in healthy individuals.
Continue to Page 2