- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
This Is Why You Need To Try Hibiscus Juice Or Tea
3. Lowers cholesterol levels
Cholesterol levels can creep up without you even knowing, and many of the American population is battling cholesterol-related health problems which can have serious implications. Hibiscus tea is an important adversary in the fight against cholesterol as its high antioxidant content reduces the LDL cholesterol in the body, i.e. the bad type! It also has a range of benefits directly for the cardiovascular system so it can also be used to treat the actual symptoms of having high blood pressure.
4. Regulates blood sugar
Another major health issue in the world today is type II diabetes with many of us consuming far too much sugar in our diets resulting in spikes and drops in blood sugar which can be fatal to our health. Hibiscus has been shown to successfully lower blood glucose levels and so may be helpful for diabetes sufferers as well as those looking to lower and regulate the sugar levels in their body.
5. Weight loss aid
Just when you thought this plant couldn’t do any more, it can even help fight the weight loss battle for you! Yep, this is all thanks to its ability to lower the absorption of starch and glucose from your food, which is basically the parts which make you gain unwanted weight. This is thanks to the fact that it inhibits amylase production, an enzyme which causes the absorption. Not only that, but the tea is even an appetite inhibitor meaning you’ll feel fuller for longer if you stick to drinking a few cups a day. In short, when combined with a proper weight management plan hibiscus tea can sure be a blessing!
Continue to Page 3