- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Cancer Fighting Foods
4. Cruciferous Vegetables
These types of veggies include radishes, broccoli, rutabagas, cauliflower, turnips, cabbage, bok choy, Brussel sprouts, collard greens, kale, watercress, and more. These tasty vegetables all contain sulforaphane, among other helpful compounds, which fight leukemia, breast, prostate, brain, and colorectal cancers, as well as fighting tumors. Read more about health benefits of bok choy.
There is plenty of evidence to indicate that eating a diet high in foods that contain antioxidants, such as raw fruits and veggies, provides the body with anti-inflammatory properties. The more of these types of foods in a person’s diet the more they are associated with vast reductions in the markers of inflammation.
Dark colored fruits and vegetables are all a good source of indole-3-carbinol. This is a natural compound that improves the DNA repair in the body’s cells while it blocks the growth of cancerous cells. Researchers at Ohio State University did a study that showed that anthocyanins, the substance that give cabbage their purple color, cut the growth of colon cancer cells in by 50 to 100 percent in tests done in vitro and in rats.