- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Lies That Are Keeping Us All Fat And Sick
4. To Lose Weight, You Must Give Up Alcohol
It is a fact that alcoholic drinks contain high amounts of sugar. The body converts sugar into fat, which is why beer drinkers tend to get that “beer belly.” Although excessive alcohol consumption will cause you to pile on pounds over time, moderate alcohol consumption of wine or hard liquor (sorry, beer!) has numerous health benefits. The key here is the word moderation. This means one drink (five ounces of wine, or one ounce of hard liquor) for women each day and two drinks each day for men. Any more than that is flirting with danger.
5. It’s All In Your Genes
People will tell you (or perhaps you tell yourself) that because your mom, dad, grandma, or grandpa was fat, that is why you are fat. In the genetic game of life, you drew the fat card. Well, there is some truth in that statement. Genetics do play a part in your body shape, but it isn’t the bottom line. What is much more likely true is that your parents ate and cooked in a certain manner (such as lots of pasta, sweets, or fried foods), and you learned your cooking skills and eating habits from your parents. Obesity is caused by poor food choices much more so than our genes. If you ate nothing but cabbage soup and water for a month, it’s guaranteed that you would lose weight, no matter what your genes were.
Continue to Page 4