- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 10 Things You Should Know About What Beets Can Do For You
4. Promotes a healthy brain
When the nitric oxide from beets helps to relax the blood vessels, bringing down blood pressure levels, it also helps increase the flow of blood that goes to the brain. It was found that people who consumed beet juice for just two days enjoyed increased blood flow to the area of their brains known as the frontal lobe. This part of the brain is responsible for organizational skills, focus, and attention to detail.
5. Helps to prevent cancer
Beets have antioxidants that have been known to reduce the growth of certain tumors. The pigments that give beets their deep color, betacyanins, have been found to prevent certain cancers from forming, including colon, lung and skin cancers. Studies were performed where patients suffering from inoperable cancer in advanced stages showed remarkable improvements after consuming the juice of beets for up to four months.
6. Fights inflammation
Another valuable component of beets is betaine. This valuable nutrient helps to fight inflammation by protecting the enzymes, cells, and proteins from routine stress from the environment. Betaine also helps cut down on the risk of contracting a variety of chronic diseases, provides protection for many internal organs, and improves the risk factors associated with vascular issues.
7. Works to create a healthy heart
Beets are rich in potassium and can help keep your heart in good condition. A lack of potassium contributes to the chances of having a stroke or other problems associate with the heart.
Continue to Page 3