- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 12 Amazing Ideas for Making Your Home Smell Great Naturally
9. Stovetop Potpourri
This is a great way to add the scents of the season any time of year in a matter of minutes! Fill a small saucepan with water, add a few slices of any citrus fruit you like, such as lemon, grapefruit, or orange, and then add your favorite herbs. You can add some fresh pine cones, some dried cranberries, and old roses from your garden, try a pot of rosemary, cinnamon, vanilla, or cedar bark. Simmer your mixture on very low heat and this will fill your home with scent!
10. Cat Box Cleaner
If you love your kitty, but hate that litter box, mix some tea leaves in with the cat litter. It will really help to neutralize those odors!
11. Stubborn Stinky Odor Remover
If you have some really stubborn odors that just won’t seem to go away, try this method. Take a small crockpot, or slow cooker, and put it in the offending room. Fill the crockpot about ¾ full with plain water and about three heaping tablespoons of baking soda. Mix well, and then set your crockpot to low and leave the lid off. After about 6 hours, the warm baking soda should pull all those offending odors from the air. Repeat if necessary. Find out other uses of baking soda.
12. Lights On, Smell On
Put two drops of any essential oil scent you like on the top of a light bulb. Be sure the bulb is off and cool when you do this. Allow the oil to dry. Now, whenever you turn on a light, a gentle, but wonderful scent will filter into the room.