- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 20 Anti-Cancer Herbs and Plants
3. Ginger Root
Gingerol, the active ingredient in ginger root, has gotten a great deal of attention, especially in clinical trials, in an attempt to determine its potential to stop or prevent certain cancers. Results from these pharmacological experiments show that ginger might inhibit the growth of tumors in human beings. In cases of ovarian cancer, researchers found that gingerol caused cancer cell death, reduced inflammation, and improved immune function. Research also shows that gingerol might offer protection from colon cancer as well. In many Asian countries, especially in India, ginger root is a part of their everyday diet. India has some of the lowest cancer rates of any country in the world. Ginger is a natural anti-viral, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, antioxidant, and antibacterial. Ginger is best consumed from the fresh, organic root. Use it in tea or grate some into vegetable dishes. If the flavor of ginger is not to your liking, almost all health foods stores sell ginger supplements.