- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 20 Anti-Cancer Herbs and Plants
Goldenseal is native to North America and has been used for hundreds of years by the Native American people to treat numerous infections, including infections of the mouth, throat, or gums. This plant is related to buttercups and was once so popular that it was harvested almost to the point of extinction! Goldenseal is a key ingredient in many mouthwashes and toothpastes due to its antibacterial compounds which prevent tooth decay and kill bacteria. The powerful compound in goldenseal, berberine, has antibiotic compounds. This herb is currently undergoing scientific tests to see if it can lower cholesterol, and by lowering cholesterol levels, it lowers the risk of developing certain types of cancer. One of the main problems with manufactured goldenseal supplements is that there is little or no oversight as to how much of the active ingredient each capsule contains. Care should be taken with goldenseal and it is best used under the supervision of a doctor or herbalist as high doses can become toxic.