- Vitamin D Is Great For Your Skin (And Just About Everything Else)
- Sugar To Honey: The Conversion Guide Infographic
- Super-agers! How Can You Become One?
- How To Eliminate Back Pain Caused By Backpacks
- Are Tattoos Toxic?
- Simple Detox Strategies
- Want To Prevent Memory Loss? These 10 Brain Boosting Foods May Help!
Top 20 Anti-Cancer Herbs and Plants
Onion is associated with a variety of pharmacological properties, including anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, and anti-carcinogenic. They are high in polyphenols, which help prevent diseases, including cancer, and in antioxidants, which are well-known cancer fighters. These popular veggies also contain a compound called quercetin, which has been shown to decrease tumor cells.
There is a definite relationship between the consumption of onions and the risk of common cancers. Researchers from the Italian Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research compiled data from both Italian and Swiss controlled studies and logistic models for onion consumption and cancer rates. The risk rates vary, but onions lowered the risk of colorectal, ovarian, renal cell, prostate, esophageal, mouth, and breast cancers.
Continue to Page 3