- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top 20 Ways to Shrink Pores and Get Beautifully Clear Skin
5. Witch Hazel
This herb is a natural astringent that minimizes pores but does not over-dry your skin. Witch hazel will remove excess oil, bacteria, dirt, and other impurities. Saturate a cotton ball with witch hazel and rub it over your face. Allow it to dry completely, then wash off gently, rinsing with cold water.
6. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a wonderfully natural cleanser that will not only remove dirt from deep within your pores, but it will also balance the pH of your skin. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to choose another remedy, or try it on a small area first. Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 2 tablespoons of warm water and mix until it forms a paste. Apply this to your face in a circular motion, gently massaging it into your skin. Allow to sit for 1 minute, and then rinse with cold water. Use every day for the first week, and then reduce it to 3 times per week.
7. Milk of Magnesia
This might sound like a strange remedy, but it’s been proven to be quite effective. Milk of Magnesia is nothing more than magnesium hydroxide. Apply a thin layer of Milk of Magnesia to your face and allow it to sit for 20 minutes. First wash off with lukewarm water, then rinse again with cold water to help seal those pores closed.
8. Egg Whites and Lemon Juice Facial
Another old but very effective remedy to tighten the skin and draw out excess oil is to use egg whites as a facial. Whisk together 2 egg whites and then add the juice from half a lemon. Mix well and then apply this mixture to your face. Allow it to sit until it dries completely. Rinse off with cold water. Do this three times per week for best results.
Continue to Page 4