- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top Alkaline Foods You Should Eat to Beat Cancer
Some of the best alkaline proteins do not come from animal products, but rather from plants. Some of these are almonds, Brazil nuts, chestnuts, and tofu.
Keep in mind that it’s not the acidic or alkaline value of the food that matters, it’s how it works once it is inside your body, so even though some of these are acidic, they alkalinize the body once they are consumed. The best fruits are; peaches, watermelon, pears, cantaloupe, grapes, apples, bananas, melons (of all kinds), berries (all kinds) and oranges. (And, of course, the #1 fruit, lemons!)
6. Cruciferous Vegetables
No surprise here. Many studies show that eating cruciferous veggies greatly lower your risk of many cancers and this is due, in part, to their alkaline effect. The best veggies of this type are cauliflower, kale, cabbage, and broccoli.
7. Leafy Greens
Another no brainer. Leafy green vegetables are some of the healthiest foods on the planet. This would include foods like mustard greens, spinach, collard greens, and Swiss chard. These are all terrific foods to help you maintain an alkaline balance and are loaded with other healthy nutrients too, such as vitamin C, vitamin K, phytonutrients, and fiber.
Continue to Page 3