- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top Reasons to Ban Roundup Forever
The herbicide glyphosate, which is more commonly known as Roundup, was introduced to the marketplace in 1974. Its use has accelerated at a phenomenal rate since that time, even though there is mounting evidence that glyphosate interferes with the metabolic processes in both animals and plants. Roundup damages DNA, disrupts the balance of our gut flora, and interrupts our hormonal system, as well as being a major contributor to the types of mutation that cause cancer. Read more about RoundUp and pregnancy.
The problems we are aware of regarding Roundup are only the tip of the proverbial iceberg. No one seems to be keeping track of the amount of pesticides, fertilizers, and herbicides in our food supply and how they might interact with each other. There are also hundreds more chemicals in your cleaning products, personal care products, and cosmetics.
Due to modern farming practices, farmers are almost forced to use chemicals. When the soil becomes depleted, they add chemical fertilizers, which are typically contaminated with industrial waste. These fertilizers and chemicals run off via the rain, into our water supplies, which the farmers also use to water their crops.
How did all this madness begin? A bit at a time. Roundup is now perhaps the worst offender, and certainly one of the most used herbicides on this planet. We need to stop the poisoning of our planet and our food supply. Let’s start by looking at the biggest offender and the reasons why we should ban Roundup forever.
Continue to Page 2
1. Roundup, and the product it degrades to, aminomethylphosphonic acid (AMPA), has been found in our air, rain, surface water, groundwater, and ocean waters. Studies show that Roundup and AMPA are being found in ever increasing amounts due to increases in its agricultural use.
2. Roundup is found in our foods. GM soybeans have residues of Roundup as high as 15 ppm. Do herbicides such as Roundup belong in our bodies, in any amount?
3. During the time Roundup has been in use there has been a shocking increase in serious and chronic diseases in the US, along with lower life expectancy.
4. Roundup has been shown to accumulate in our tissues and the organs of the body.
5. A recent review paper by Samsel and Seneff found a connection between Roundup and chronic disease.
6. Roundup has been demonstrated to be toxic to our kidneys and liver.
7. Roundup is patented for its anti-microbial and biocide use. (Patent number 20040077608 A1 and patent number 7771736 B2) This means Roundup kills good bacteria in our digestive systems, which leads to inflammation, autoimmune diseases, intestinal diseases, and nutrient deficiencies.
8. Roundup is known to be an endocrine disruptor in humans. There are no safe levels of endocrine disruptors, friends!
9. Endocrine disruptors cause dangerous changes to humans undergoing hormonal changes, including the elderly, middle aged persons, adolescents, infants, and fetuses.
10. Problems such as the malfunctioning or imbalances of hormones can lead to numerous problems including:
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Brain cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Kidney disease
- Cushing’s syndrome
- Problems with sexual development
- Neurological problems such as ADHA, and autism
The EPA has the power to ban Roundup and they must conduct regular reviews of research and make a decision about whether or not they are going to continue to allow it to be sold. Write or email the EPA and tell them that you want this poison banned. Read also how to kill weeds whithout posionous RoundUp.