- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top Reasons Why You Should Eat More Energizing Hemp Seeds
By now you have most likely heard about hemp seeds, and you might have wondered what the fuss was all about. Yes, flax seeds and chia seeds are also healthy and they have their place, but if you aren’t already eating hemp seeds and drinking hemp seed milk, then you are missing out on some tasty super nutrition.
Among all the seeds in the world, hemp seeds are probably the most nutritious seeds you could ever eat. They are loaded with protein, vitamins, essential healthy fats, and enzymes, and combined with sugars, saturated fats, and starches that give your body the nutrition it needs for the best possible health, along with a sustained source of energy that will keep you living a long, healthy, happy life.
Everything in the pasta, soup, diary, sauce, and snack section of your supermarket can be replaced with hemp seeds. These seeds have been used for more than a thousand years. They have numerous health benefits such as the support of your immune system, a natural inflammation reducer, improve your blood circulation, protect your heart, and stabilize your blood sugar.
Keep reading to find out all the healthy things you never imagined could come from one little seed.
1. Hemp seeds are one of the best afternoon snacks! They will give you that energy boost that you are looking for in the afternoons. If you are looking for a double whammy of energy, there is even hemp seed coffee!
2. The protein in hemp seeds contains all 18 key amino acids, including the 10 essential amino acids that our bodies cannot make themselves. Proteins are considered to be complete when they have all the essential amino acids in enough quantities that they meet the body’s daily needs. Hemp seeds supply high quality proteins for a well-balanced diet, especially for vegetarians, but the entire family can benefit from the proteins in hemp seeds.
3. If you are looking for a mercury-free means of obtaining more healthy omega-3 in your diet, you can’t go wrong with hemp seeds. They contain the perfect ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids. One of the best things about hemp seeds is that there is no fishy burping afterwards, like what happens with many fish oil supplements.
4. Hemp seeds taste great. Many people compare the taste to sunflower seeds or pine nuts. You can find hemp seeds in many forms, including toasted, flour, hulled, oil, butter, protein powder, and coffee.
5. Hemp seeds will make you feel really full, so it’s pretty easy to lose weight by eating some hemp seeds every day, especially before meals.
Continue to Page 2
6. Because hemp seeds are so tasty and come in so many different forms, it’s easy to find ways to incorporate them into your meals. Of course, you can always eat them right out of the bag, but why don’t you try swapping those recipes that call for grain flour with hemp flour? Try replacing olive oil with hemp oil, and add protein powder to your morning smoothie.
7. Hemp seeds are a great way to get your iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, and phosphorus. They are gluten free, and are full of the healthy omega-3 fatty acids that you need for healthy cholesterol levels and a healthy heart.
8. There is no doubting that chia and flax seeds are also full of healthy goodness, but to be honest, they taste better and are easier to cook than either chia or flax seeds.
9. Hemp seeds have the ability to reduce dryness in your hair and skin naturally, from the inside out.
10. Before you work out, try eating some hemp seeds as a snack or in a smoothie to improve the recovery time your body needs after a hard workout.
11. These powerful healing seeds can provide relief to those suffering from arthritis. Adequate amounts must be consumed daily to reap this benefit, but studies show that hemp seeds taken on a regular basis help stop the pain and stiffness of arthritis.
12. Other studies show that hemp seeds can also help those who suffer from asthma keep their airways clear of inflammation. This often helps reduce the amount of medication or inhalers that are needed in an average day.
Continue to Page 3
If you are just starting out with hemp seeds, below is a simple smoothie recipe that you are sure to love.
- 1 Cup of almond milk
- 1 Cup of ice
- 1 Medium, organic banana
- 1 Whole organic peach or mango, minus the pit
- ½ Cup of frozen or fresh organic berries of any kind
- 2 Tablespoons of hemp seeds
Put all ingredients into your blender and mix on high until super smooth. Enjoy! Read more healthy smothies recipes.