- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Natural and Easy Ways to Get Rid of Sties Naturally
If you have ever had one, you know the only thing worse than a sty is pink eye. If you aren’t sure that you have ever had one, a sty is a bump that forms right on your eyelid. They are painful and they are disgusting, as they generally start oozing pus after a while. Sties have several causes. Sometimes they are caused by stress, but for most people, sties are caused bacteria or from a clogged oil gland, which then, typically becomes infected.
Sties are easily spread to other parts of the eyelid or to the opposite eye, so you should avoid all makeup at this time (in fact, it’s probably a good idea to throw out your mascara and eyeliner, since it’s more than likely contaminated with the bacteria from your sty.) Also be sure to wash your hands frequently, especially after touching your eye.
Now a sty will usually disappear on its own after 3 to 5 days, but they are very painful and no one wants to wait that long! The good news is you don’t have to. There are plenty of natural remedies to reduce the pain and greatly shorten the amount of time you have to live with a sty.
First, let’s talk about the things you should NOT do when you have a sty:
- Never try to remove a sty, such as by cutting or trying to pierce it, as the infection could spread to the eyeball itself. It will heal on its own. If you think you have complications or the sty remains for more than 10 days, consult a doctor.
- Sties are contagious, so don’t share makeup, towels, clothing, or anything else.
- In fact, you shouldn’t wear makeup at all when you have a sty, and you should throw out your old eye makeup since it’s probably contaminated.
- Don’t try to pop the sty. It’s not a pimple. Don’t squeeze it or scratch it either. Always wash your hands if you have been touching your eye.
- Avoid eating a lot of sugar or starchy foods at this time, as they only feed the infection.
- Don’t wear contact lenses, as they will also quickly become contaminated and the bacteria could then be transferred to your eye.
Ok, now let’s take a look at the top natural remedies you can use to help heal that sty fast!
Continue to Page 2