- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Top Reasons You Must Drink More Kombucha
Perhaps before we get started about why you should be drinking a lot more kombucha, we should talk about what it is! Kombucha, sometimes just called “booch” to those who are big fans, is made from green, white, or black tea. It is fermented for a minimum of 7 days using a bit of sugar and a fungus mixture that contains both yeast and bacteria. The starter that is used is called “SCOBY,” which is the acronym for “symbiotic colony of bacteria and yeast.”
Kombucha has been around for thousands of years, with its beginnings in China somewhere around the third century B.C. Soon it made its way to India, Russia, and Japan, where it was highly prized by the Samurai warriors.
Although some people call kombucha mushroom tea, it contains no mushrooms. Because both mushrooms and kombucha contain a long list of powerful health benefits, it is sometimes thought that kombucha must contain mushrooms or is made from mushrooms.
If you are thinking this isn’t the drink for you since you don’t like tea, rest assured, this tastes nothing like tea. Even though it’s made with a bit of sugar, it has a slightly sour taste, which is why you will find all sorts of flavors made to make it less tart. Ginger is the most popular flavor, but there are plenty of other flavors if ginger isn’t to your liking, such as cranberry, lemon, strawberry, and grape.
Although it’s doubtful that the Samurai drank anything as exotic as strawberry kombucha, you can still get the same health benefits they did. Keep reading for the top reasons you should be drinking more kombucha if you are already enjoying it, or begin drinking it if you haven’t yet tried this fizzy, super delicious drink.
Continue to Page 2