- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Turmeric: The Most Powerful Medicinal Plant on the Planet
1. Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease
Heart disease is the number one killer in America and one of the biggest killers in the world. Although there are various contributing factors as to how heart disease gets started, curcumin can help stop or reverse some of the steps that lead to heart disease, Curcumin is known to improve the lining of the blood vessels, which will help to regulate blood pressure and blood clotting. One study showed that consuming curcumin was just as effective as exercise in improving blood flow to the heart. Curcumin also reduces oxidation and inflammation in the body, which are also attributed to hear disease. One study used 121 subjects who were about to undergo coronary artery bypass surgery. Subjects received either a placebo or 4 grams of curcumin each day for a few days before and after their surgery. The group that received the curcumin had a 65 percent lower risk of having a heart attack while at the hospital.
2. Stomach Cancer and Ulcers
One study performed in 2002 showed that curcumin inhibits the growth of the helicobacter pylori strains in vitro. It should be noted that this type of bacteria has been linked to the development of ulcers, and later, these ulcers can turn cancerous. A methanol extract of the dried powdered form of the turmeric root was tested against all 19 strains of the H. pylori bacteria and it was shown to inhibit the growth of all 19 strains. This means that consuming curcumin can help to protect you from both stomach ulcers as well as stomach cancer.
3. Fights Against Chronic Disease and Premature Aging
Since curcumin has been shown to have powerful antioxidant compounds, as well as being an anti-inflammatory agent, it only makes sense that it would fight against the development of chronic diseases that often start due to inflammation in the body. Antioxidants stop the premature aging process by killing off free radicals in the body, which harm our tissue on a cellular level.
Continue to Page 4