- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Which Is The Best Way To Lose Weight: Fasting Or Traditional Weight Loss?
Fasting or Traditional Dieting?
A study was done on which program would yield the greatest weight loss: fasting or traditional dieting. A group of 100 adults who were obese participated and joined one of three groups: one that fasted on alternate days, one that went on a traditional diet, and the last group didn’t go on any diet at all.
The study focused on certain fasting diets: participants of the fasting group who only took in about 500 calories; the regular diet group ate 25% less calories every day; and the other group just ate as they usually do. The study lasted 5 months and the end result showed that the people who fasted and the ones on the traditional diet lost around 7 percent more than those who didn’t diet at all. There was no difference between those who fasted and those who went on a traditional diet. The major issue was that 38 percent of the group could not finish the fasting process for a 6-month period. The only difference was 29 percent were unable to finish the traditional dieting program over the 6-month period.
Which Process Should You Follow to Lose Weight?
With there being no major differences in weight loss between the groups and both groups losing participants who couldn’t follow the study through the entire 6-month period, what should you do to reach your weight loss goals?
The best way you should embark on a weight loss program is to think about the plan you used in the past when you were successful. Some people are able to follow a low-calorie program where they can eat whatever they want, but use portion control so that they stay within the 1200 to 1800 calorie parameters.
Other people prefer to follow a low carbohydrate plan. This allows more foods that fill you up because you are able to eat unlimited amounts of fats and protein. Don’t try this type of diet if you have a sweet tooth. You will take a small spoonful of ice cream and before you know it you will have eaten the entire pint.
The most important thing you can do in order to be successful is:
- Set your goals
- Write down everything you eat
- Incorporate some form of exercise daily
- Weigh yourself once a week
- Start a buddy system if you can
- Reward yourself every time you reach a goal – not something food related. Whenever you lose 10 pounds buy yourself a piece of clothing that is one size smaller than you were wearing.
- Don’t be impatient. Even if you only lose 2 pounds a week that turns into 48 pounds in 6 months!