- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Why You Should Never Ever Eat Store Bought Bread
Think you got it covered because you only buy whole wheat bread? This is just a marketing trick designed to fool you. Whole wheat breads from the stores are no different, really. Oh, they might add a bit of extra bran, but that’s about it. At the end of the day, they are using the same basic recipe and the same toxic chemicals. The addition of whole grains does not necessarily make it healthy. You could add a cup of whole grains to a bag of sugar and no one would call that healthy, would they?
Regular, homemade bread, for example, only has about 5 or 6 ingredients: wheat flour, yeast, a little sugar to feed the yeast, salt, water, and a bit of oil or butter, sometimes an egg or a dash of milk, but that’s about it. Take a look at the ingredient list on that bag of bread from your store. How many ingredients do you see there? How many of them can you pronounce? How many ingredients are you not even sure about what they are? No one should eat things with names you can’t pronounce and have no idea what they are.
Take a look at just some of the unhealthy ingredients in your store bought bread:
- Preservatives – Bread is not really meant to be left for weeks on the shelf or in your kitchen, but that’s exactly what you can do with store bought bread due to the massive amount of chemical preservatives they put in it. In fact, preservatives such as calcium propionate are linked to ADHD in kids.
- Dough Conditioners – Conditioners should be used on your hair, not in your bread! They are completely unnecessary and are only used because they make things faster and cheaper for the manufacturer to pump out more loaves bread.
- Unnecessary Sugar – OK, in order for the yeast to do its job it needs a bit of sugar, and there is certainly no harm in adding a bit of raw honey to have the bread turn out a bit on the sweet side, but most manufacturers use GMO sugar from sugar beets, or high fructose corn syrup.
- GMOs – Almost every store bought bread on the market uses some type of GMO product, such as soybean oil, corn starch, soy flour, corn oil, or soy lecithin. GMOs have not been tested on humans and some GMOs are made by inserting a pesticide into the seed itself so that if an insect should bite the plant, the stomach of the bug explodes. Not exactly the kind of thing you want to eating now, is it? Find out how to avoid GMO foods at a grocery store.
- Artificial colors and flavors – All artificial colors and flavors start off their life as petroleum products. Yes, petroleum, as in oil for your car. This is some ugly stuff. In fact, colors such as “caramel coloring” have nothing to do with caramels. This color is made by heating ammonia, which is a known carcinogen. Why they need to add this is a mystery because bread comes out a naturally beautiful tan color all on its own, and certainly doesn’t need anything artificial added.
You don’t have to give up those turkey sandwiches for lunch, however! Make your own bread at home! Not only does it taste so much better than store bought bread, but you will know exactly what is in it. Making bread isn’t as hard as it sounds. Using a bread machine will certainly make this task much quicker and easier. Just put your ingredients inside and let the machine do the rest. Put your bread machine on a timer and imagine waking up on weekends to the smell of freshly baked, warm bread for breakfast!
If you don’t want to buy another kitchen appliance, there are tons of no-knead dough recipes on the internet that you can make by hand and still come out tasting great.
(By the way, if you’re enjoying this article, you may want to subscribe to the Naturalon’s free newsletter; get breaking news alerts on GMOs, fluoride, superfoods, natural cures and more… Your privacy is protected. Unsubscribe at any time.)