- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Woman Loses Almost Half Her Body Weight With Three Simple Changes
3. She Did Moderate Exercise
Note that this says “moderate exercise.” Amanda did not train for a marathon. She did not try out for the Olympics. She didn’t join a running club or work out at the gym for two hours a day. Amanda simply engaged in moderate exercise for 30 minutes each day. She probably did her research first.
One study divided men into three groups. One group was told to do no exercise. The second group was told to engage in some type of exercise for 30 minutes a day. The third group was told to engage in high intensity exercise for one hour every day. All the men were instructed to not change their diets.
It was the men in group 2, who exercised for 30 minutes each day (most men chose to do cycling or jogging) that lost the most weight. Researchers believe that this is because the men who were doing intense exercise were hungrier so they ate more. They also would feel tired, so they probably rested the remainder of the day.
This means that 30 minutes of moderate exercise each day is a good middle ground to take when trying to lose weight. This isn’t enough exercise to make you terribly hungry and force you to eat more, but it is enough to burn extra calories and tone muscles.
In addition to this, you might want to try taking small steps every day to burn extra calories. These don’t take much time or effort, but all those little extra calories burned will add up. Imagine that if you only burned an extra 50 calories each day through little things such as taking the stairs instead of the escalator or walking the length of the parking lot rather than parking close to the door. This means you would lose about one pound every six weeks or so without even trying. This would be in addition to the weight you would already be losing by following the steps above.