- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Natural Ways to Clear Out Your Arteries
2. Eat Healthy Fats
Now that we have eliminated unhealthy fats, let’s focus on the good fats we should be eating. The healthiest fat you are probably most familiar with are the omega-3 fatty acids that are commonly found in many cold water fish. Cod liver oil is perhaps the best of these, due to their high levels of vitamin D3. Other oils that are rich in vitamins are olive oil, almond, flaxseed, avocado, and palm oil.
However, coconut oil is perhaps the super star when it comes to healthy fats. Yes, it does contain saturated fats, but the saturated fats in coconut oil are made up mainly of lauric acid. This is what is called a medium chain triglyceride that actually helps to lubricate the arteries. If you still can’t go with the “butter is not bad” routine, eat coconut oil instead.