- This Diet Removes Uric Acid From Your Joints Best
- Top 5 Exercises To Burn Belly Fat And Get A Flat Stomach Video
- Nourishing And Moisturizing Tropical Mango Body Butter Souffle Recipe Video
- 5 Easy Vegan Ice Cream Recipes For Summertime Video
- The Beginner’s Guide To Zero Waste Living Video
- Your First Aid Kit – Herbal Essentials Infographic
- Looking Beautiful Without Makeup? Here Is How Video
10 Super Foods from Ancient Times that Promote Health
Our modern way of life comes with many useful, cool technological advances as well as time saving conveniences. Our ancestors would certainly be both confused and in awe of the way we live today. It makes one wonder if they would even be able to recognize some of the food we eat today. (Fruit roll up anyone?)
Americans consume many processed foods that, while filling, are sorely lacking in many essential nutrients and it shows in our endless chronic health conditions. Here is a list of the top 10 health foods that our ancestors ate as a part of their overall healthy diet that contributed to their health.
1. Sweet Potatoes
Sweet potatoes were sent to Europe via Christopher Columbus but they were eaten throughout Central America for thousands of years before that. Sweet potatoes are unrivaled in their levels of vitamin A, which is vital to the health of our eyes, skin, and hair.
They also provide a good source of other vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, copper, fiber, vitamin B6, manganese, and potassium. That’s a whole lot of healthy goodness in one little vegetable!