- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Sweet Ways Honey Can Improve Your Life
8. Stops Coughs
As we mentioned, honey is a terrific way to stop that tickle in your throat that keeps you (and everyone in the house) up all night long. You can mix some honey and lemon juice to stop that cough or add some lemon juice and honey to a cup of chamomile tea for a good night’s rest.
9. Stop Urinary Tract Infections
Because honey contains powerful antibacterial compounds, this makes it perfect for treating those annoying and painful urinary tract infections. Honey also encourages the growth of the good type of bacteria in your digestive tract, which can help with your long term immune system support.
10. Heals Wounds Quickly
Before antibiotics, honey was used to heal wounds quickly, kill infections, and prevent scarring of the skin. Manuka honey is the most powerful type when it comes to fighting bacteria, but any type of raw, organic honey will do the trick.
Honey is loaded with phytonutrients that help to protect plants from harm and provide humans with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory benefits. Because honey is made from the pollen of various plants, is it any wonder why it is so healthy for us?
The exact ingredients in honey will depend greatly on which plants the bees are collecting pollen and nectar from, but most honey has powerful antibacterial, antivirus, and anti-inflammatory compounds that make it perfect for fighting disease while keeping us healthy.
READ ALSO: How to Make Your Own Natural Herbal Honey
Support your local bee farmer and buy raw, organic, unpasteurized honey and keep yourself healthy by indulging in this treat often. How sweet it is!