- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
10 Uses for the Super Fruit of the 21st Century
Everyone knows that lemons, although sour, are bright, tasty citrus fruits that liven up everything from plain water to fish, salads to soups. However there are numerous other benefits to this bright, sunny fruit. Here is a list of just some of the positive ways lemons can impact your life.
1. Drinking lemon juice on a daily basis can prevent kidney stones
Lemon juice raises the citrate levels in your urine, preventing your kidneys from making calcium stones.
2. Lemons are so very soothing to a sore throat
This is an old home remedy that you may not have tried before but it works. Mix some lemon juice and honey in a cup of tea and watch your irritated throat just melt away.
3. It can relieve the itch from insect bites or stings
Mix a little cornstarch and lemon juice to make a paste and apply it to the area for 15 minutes. Presto, no more itch!
4. Lemon juice can help with your acne
Place a few drops on a cotton ball and smooth it over your face at night. Be sure to wash it off the next morning. The juices from lemons have antibacterial properties that kill the bad bacteria that allow acne to form.
5. Lemons can be great diuretics
Most women find they retain fluid at certain times of the month. Pregnant women also find that they retain water in their ankles, causing swollen, painful joints. Diuretics allow your body to release any excess water it might be storing. There are plenty of over the counter diuretics, but why use chemicals, especially if you are pregnant, when you can use the all-natural lemon? Drink lemon juice every day and see if it doesn’t relieve your symptoms after a few days.
Continue to Page 2
6. Lemons might help you lose weight
Many people find that lemons suppress their appetites so they eat less or stop snacking in between meals. It’s believed that lemon juice might even raise your metabolism. A higher metabolism means you will burn more calories naturally. Try to incorporate lemons into every part of your diet by adding fresh lemon slices in your water, squeeze half a lemon over your salad, drink organic lemon tea, or eat a few fresh slices before or after a meal and watch the scale slide on down!
7. An old folk remedy says that lemon tea will reduce your anxiety level
If you suffer from nervousness or find you cannot sleep at night, try drinking a cup a lemon tea before bed or anytime you need it. If you can’t find lemon tea, add the juice of fresh lemons into your own homemade tea.
8. Toxins are everywhere in our world today, it’s impossible to avoid them
Even our own bodies produce some toxins. However, lemons are a natural detoxifier. Add the juice of one lemon in a glass of water and you have an all-natural product that will cleanse your entire body. See also how else naturally detox the body.
9. Want whiter teeth but don’t want to use chemicals or pay hundreds of dollars at your dentist?
Lemons can do the job for you! Mix baking soda with lemon juice into a bubbly paste. Apply this paste to your teeth with the tip of your finger or use a Q-tip. Brush your teeth after one minute. Do this daily but don’t leave this mixture on your teeth for more than 1 minute as the juice can damage your tooth enamel if left on for too long. Find out do’s and don’ts of oral health.
10. As we age we worry less about pimples and more about dark spots.
Lemon juice lightens your skin so those dark spots, sometimes called age spots, are much less noticeable. The all natural citric acid in a lemon can even out your skin tone naturally and much cheaper than store bought products.Read more about health benefits of lemons for skin care.
Get started with lemons today so you can enjoy everything these little yellow beauties from nature have to offer!