- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Little Known Lemon Beauty Benefits (We Love #4!)
4. Stops Acne and Heals Scars
Lemons are high in a natural astringent called l-ascorbic acid, which helps to kill the bacteria that cause acne. The vitamin C in lemons encourages the growth of new skin cells, which can minimize the appearance of acne scars. To get this benefit, simply rub a slice of lemon over your acne or acne prone areas on your face and on acne scars as well. Allow the lemon juice to do its work for 5 or 10 minutes, and then rinse with cold water. Repeat this twice each day for best results.
5. Heals Cracked Heels
Don’t walk around with heels that look like they just came out of Jurassic park, use some lemon juice to help heal them. Add ½ cup of pure lemon juice to a medium sized pot filled with about ½ a gallon of very warm water. Soak your feet in this solution for 10 minutes, then scrub your tootsies (don’t forget the heel) with a foot brush to remove dead skin cells. Rinse with clear water and apply a good quality moisturizer.
Continue to Page 4