- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
12 Organic Teas That Will Kick Insomnia To The Curb
9. Kava Kava
Although this herb does have super calming abilities that make it perfect for night time use, it can interact with other drugs. If you are taking any prescription drugs or if you are under a doctor’s care for any health reason or if you are pregnant, do not take kava kava without speaking to your doctor first.
10. St. John’s Wort
Although this is herb is most commonly used to prevent depression, it has also been found to be very effective when it comes to calming feelings of anxiety. If you suffer from insomnia because of worry or any feelings of stress, then this herb can work well for you. This is another herb that can have dangerous drug interactions, so please speak with your doctor before using this herb.
Peppermint tea calms the digestive system and calms your internal organs as well. This calming feeling might be enough to allow you drift off into la-la land. You might find peppermint tea a good choice if you are being kept awake by tummy trouble or indigestion.
12. Make Your Own Blend
Making your own sleepy time blend can be fun and rewarding. Make your own little jar with a pretty label and mix one or two of the herbs you find most helpful into the jar. You can try lemon balm and passionflower or chamomile with valerian. Or try the following blend: Mix two parts of chamomile with 1 part rose petals and 1 part catnip. You can add a pinch of valerian root or peppermint but this is optional. When you are ready to make your tea, put one heaping teaspoon in 12 ounces of boiling water and allow to steep for 6 minutes. Be sure to breathe in the steam while you wait for your tea to cool! Strain and enjoy! See you in dreamland!