- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
- The Amazing, Edible Weed That Is Packed With Nutrition
- 5 Important Reasons Why You Should Avoid This One Type Of Food At All Costs!
- 12 Superior Herbs And Spices To Fight The Battle Of The Bulge
- 15 Reasons To Eat More Of This Delicious Tropical Fruit, And Don’t Forget The Seeds!
- The Morning Drink that will Give You a Healthy Liver
12 Proven Health Benefits of Spirulina (#7 is Nothing Short of Outrageous!)
Have you heard about the popular sea vegetable called spirulina? It seems a great many people have been talking about it lately, everyone from celebrities to professional athletes. With its numerous health benefits, spirulina is true super food that should be a part of your diet plan.
What exactly is spirulina? This bluish-green colored algae has been harvested and consumed by the Aztec natives of Mexico for untold thousands of years. It is super rich in protein, carotenoids, powerful antioxidants, vitamin E, zinc, iron, B complex vitamins, and an essential fatty acid called gamma-linoleic acid.
Want to know what spirulina can do for you? Keep reading for the 12 scientifically proven health benefits of spirulina and why you should hop on the spirulina bandwagon.
1. Lowers Blood Pressure
Scientists have discovered that one pigment in spirulina, phycocyanin, is an antihypertensive agent. This means it can lower blood pressure naturally. Researchers in Japan say that eating spirulina can even reverse endothelial dysfunction for those with metabolic syndrome. This is important because metabolic disease is rampant in America, causing heart disease, stroke, and diabetes.
Continue to Page 2