- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
15 Weird And Unusual Home Remedies That Really Work
6. Heal Canker Sores
If you have ever had one then you know that canker sores are really painful. Stop the pain and make it heal more quickly by mixing equal parts of milk of magnesia with either Benadryl or Benylin. Use a Q-tip to apply one or two drops directly to the sore twice or three times per day. Don’t use too much and avoid swallowing it as it can numb your throat as well and you might find drinking becomes a comic endeavor!
7. Neutralize Stings
Spring and summer fun sometimes means bee and/or wasp stings, which are no fun at all. Be prepared this time around and pack some baking soda and white vinegar. Bee stings are acidic in nature, so if you get stung, be sure you get the stinger out, then make a paste with baking soda and a small amount of water. Apply about a teaspoon to the site of the sting and hold a cloth or bandage over the paste to keep it in place. The sting should start feeling better in about 15 to 30 minutes.
For wasps, use vinegar. Wet a clean cloth and apply it to the sting. As with the bee sting, you should get relief within 30 minutes or less. Read more about uses of vinegar.
8. Stop Heartburn Instantly
Did that new chili recipe leave you with a severe case of heartburn? For instant relief, simply mix a teaspoon or two of baking soda in a glass of water. Drink it down and you will literally feel as if you are pouring water on a fire.
9. Kill Athlete’s Foot or Toenail Fungus
Athlete’s foot itches and burns like crazy and toenail fungus is super ugly. Get rid of both or either of these by simply soaking your feet in old fashioned mouthwash (such as Listerine) once or twice per week. This is a really old remedy that works remarkably well.
10. Stop Yeast Infections and Urinary Tract Infections
This is some great preventative advice. Drinking one glass of pure cranberry juice will stop most urinary tract infections before they start. You can also help keep vaginal yeast infections from ever taking hold by eating one container of yogurt each day. Be sure the yogurt has active cultures and unsweetened is always your best choice.
Continue to Page 3