- Starch Intolerance Could Pose Serious Health Problems
- What To Eat For Stress Relief
- Longevity Vitamins: These Could Be Key To Lifetime of Health
- Why Eat Ancient Grains? Infographic
- Five Top Teas To Improve 5 Top Health Issues
- Herpes Virus Could Lead To Alzheimer's, Review Finds
- Cozy Yoga For The Winter Season Video
5 Super Healthy Back To School Snacks
What a relief! The kids are back in school! Now it’s time to start thinking about keeping your kids eating healthy even when you’re not around. When kids don’t have something easy to grab, they tend to just go with the flow and that means potato chips, soda pop, candy and cookies.
Give your kids some healthy choices that really satisfy them. These snacks can be made in advance and left for your kids to eat when they come home, or they tuck nicely in a lunch bag.
1. Healthy Brownies
These coconut brownies are easy to make and give your kids a boost of antioxidants, healthy fats, and magnesium to boot.
- 1 Cup of Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 Cup of Coconut Oil
- ½ Cup of Raw Cacao Powder
- 6 Free Range Eggs
- ½ Teaspoon of Real Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup of Coconut Flour ( don’t use substitutions)
- ½ Cup of Hemp Seeds, Goji Berries, or Non Dairy Chocolate Chips ( optional)
Preheat you oven to 350 degrees. Over low heat, blend the coconut oil and cacao powder in a saucepan. After thoroughly melted and mixed, remove from heat. In a separate bowl, mix the vanilla, coconut sugar, and eggs. Then add the cocoa mixture. Stir in the coconut flour until the batter is smooth. If you wish, add that hemp, goji, or one of the other optional ingredients listed above. Pour into a lightly buttered 8X8 inch baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting.
Continue to Page 2