- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
6 Unexpected Things Sleeping With A Weighted Blanket Can Do For You!
2. A secure feeling
The weight distribution of the blanket helps to stimulate a person’s receptors which makes them feel relaxed and more secure. When this occurs, the person will feel soothed and their heart rate changes to a calmer rhythm which results in a safe and secure disposition.
3. The feeling that you get when you receive a warm hug from someone
When someone hugs you, your body sends out a hormone called oxytocin throughout your body. This hormone lowers your blood pressure and leaves you feeling deeply relaxed. Even though the human element is missing, the pressure provided by the weighted blanket mimics the same feeling as receiving a warm hug.
4. More focused cognitive functions
Anxiety, insomnia, and depression all interfere with your brain’s cognitive functions. You are unable to think clearly and make intelligent decisions. The calming feeling provided by the weighted blanket helps to put these issues at bay so you are able to focus on the issues at hand and leave your worries behind.
Continue to Page 3