- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Check Out the Jaw Dropping Ways to Use Coconut Butter!
Now if you have considered buying some in the past but found that the prices in your local health food store were nothing short of astronomical, don’t worry. It’s super easy to make at home. All you need is some unsweetened dried coconut flakes (which are fairly inexpensive and readily available) and a powerful blender or food processor.
Make you own coconut butter easily at home using the following recipe:
- 5 Cups of raw, unsweetened dried coconut flakes ( this will make about 1 cup of coconut butter)
- A pinch of sea salt
That’s it! Simply place the flakes and salt in your blender or food processor (you can do this in two batches if you need to) and start blending on medium speed until they start to make a creamy consistency. Then turn it to the highest setting until you have a smooth butter. If you want an ultra -smooth coconut butter, press it through a fine mesh sieve afterwards. One of the best things about coconut butter is that you don’t have to refrigerate it, and it lasts a long, long time.
Now if you live in an area where it gets quite warm in the summers, you might find that your coconut butter softens and resembles something like soft serve ice cream. In the cold winter months, it can get fairly hard. If you find it becomes too hard for your liking, you can soften it in the microwave for just a few seconds, or put it in a saucepan on the stove with a bit of water in the pan. If you like your butter to be a little more firm, you can put it in the fridge for a few hours.
SEE ALSO: 101 Amazing Uses for Coconut Oil
Add coconut butter to your smoothies, or add it to your Thai curry. You can use it in place of butter in any recipe, including pies or bread. Try putting it on some toast or banana bread instead of butter, or on a cupcake or carrot cake as a type of frosting. It’s great to feed your baby or try blending it with some fruit for a really tasty and unique dessert. You can melt it and pour it over winter squash or sweet potatoes, or drizzle it over some fresh berries.
There is almost no end to the possibilities and uses of coconut butter! Try some for yourself and you will be instantly hooked.
Happy Healthy Eating!