- Waking Up Early Is Easy With These 10 Effortless Tricks Infographic
- The Healthiest Way To Prepare Onions Video
- Healthy Meal Prep Basics For Beginners Video
- Your Guide To Identifying And Cooking Edible Mushrooms Infographic
- 8 Best Herbs To Use For Digestive Health Infographic
- Hidden Dangers Of Mammograms All Women Should Know About
- Why Is Butter Better?
Eight Smoothie Recipes To Prevent Heart Attacks And Lower Your Risk Of Cancer
Although the mainstream media has tried to tell us for years that fat is bad, they weren’t specific enough in their instructions. Trans-fats, like the kind found in vegetable oils and margarine truly are bad for you. However, healthy fats are vital to a nutritious diet.
Healthy fats, such as avocados, nuts, and seeds provide our bodies with improved immune systems, so we naturally fight off flu and cold viruses, they help prevent most diseases including Alzheimer’s, diabetes, arthritis, heart disease, and even cancer.
If you find it difficult to get all those healthy fats into your daily diet, we have found a tasty, easy way to do exactly that: Smoothies! What better way to get things going than a healthy smoothie in the morning, especially one that is loaded with healthy fats.
Sounds delish, right? Keep reading! We have some terrific recipes to help get you started!
1. Green-Green Avocado Smoothie
This is a great choice for mornings when you want to get plenty of nutrition in but not a lot of calories. This smoothie is super cleansing as well.
- 1 Large kale leaf, roughly chopped (don’t use the stem)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of hemp seeds
- 1 Medium banana, peeled and sliced (you can freeze it if you like)
- ½ Medium ripe avocado, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice
- 2 Dates (remove the pits)
- 1 Cup of almond milk
To make this easier to blend, add the kale leaf in your blender first and pulse for a few seconds, then add the ingredients in the order given. Blend until very smooth. Makes one 12 ounce serving.
Continue to Page 2