- 3 Super Nutrients For Healthier Hair (And The Foods Where You Can Get Them!)
- 17 Secrets To Getting The Perfect Summer Body Infographic
- Grill With A Thrill: The Best Grilling Spices To Use Infographic
- Everything You Need For Healthy Baking: The Best Flour, Sugar, Fat, Egg And Dairy Substitutions Infographic
- The Best Carrier Oils To Use For Acne-Prone Skin Infographic
- 5 Amazing Health Benefits Of Drinking Kombucha Infographic
- Foods To Eat And Avoid For Blackheads-Free Skin Infographic
Fermented Foods And Their Benefits For Your Health Infographic
The technique of fermentation had been used for preservation of foods and drinks for centuries before the invention of refrigerators.
When you ferment something, its organic compounds, including starch and sugar, are turned into alcohol or acids. These acids, like lactic acid found in fermented fruits and vegetables, help to preserve the foods for longer periods of time.
Moreover, the foods that have undergone the fermentation process also possess distinctive health benefits. It enhances the power of beneficial bacteria known as probiotics.
Learn more about the health benefits of fermented foods in the infographic featured below!
Click on image to enlarge