- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Food Labels Trick You into Eating GMO Food
Keep reading for some other top tips you can use to spot GMOs and avoid them.
1. The Ingredient List
If the ingredient list on your package says anything about corn or soy and it doesn’t have the Certified Organic or Non-GMO Project seal, which means it contains GMO corn and/or soy. This also holds true for canola, sugar beets, and cottonseed oil.
2. Oil and Sugar
Canola oil and sugar also come from GMO crops. Although you are better off without these kinds of foods in your diet at all, should you choose to consume them, look for labels that say ‘100 percent pure cane sugar’ or the Non-GMO Project seal on the label.
3. Prepackaged Food
This is another item that you would be wise to avoid eating as they cause many serious health concerns, but again, if you choose to consume them, you should know that there is really no way to avoid GMO contamination, artificial ingredients, artificial colors, salt, sugar or artificial sweeteners, and tons of chemical preservatives. The further away you stay from foods that come in a box, the better. Opt for whole, truly natural foods.