- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Food Labels Trick You into Eating GMO Food
4. PLC Codes on Produce
Although many people claim that PLC codes on fresh produce can tell you whether or not the food is GMO, it’s not always a reliable means of determining a foods origin. There are also some foods that don’t contain those PLC codes. Unless your market specifically states that these are “Non-GMO,” you should assume the following produce IS GMO:
- Yellow squash (sometimes called summer squash)
- Papayas from Hawaii
The Big Food industry is hoping that you will be too busy working, going to Black Friday sales, and rushing home to watch Orange is the New Black or Dancing with the Stars to pay much attention to food labels or to cook from scratch at all. Sometimes you wonder if they are right. If you have ever seen the line of cars waiting at a fast food drive through about 6PM, you might begin to wonder if anyone cares. But you care, don’t you? So do we! Demand accurate food labeling from congress and don’t support the Big Food industry, and avoid GMOs every time you shop!