- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
How to Get a Super Strong Immune System Naturally
In today’s world, it seems as if we do everything possible to avoid disease, except improve our immune system. We dump ice water on ourselves, walk, run, and eat for charities, but the most powerful weapon for fighting disease is within our own hands.
The best way to fight any disease, whether it be the common cold or cancer, is our very own immune system. We can strengthen our immune system through simple lifestyle changes and eating habits. If you want to be the healthiest you can possibly be, then read on for the top ways you can ‘super-size’ your immune system and beat the odds of developing just about any disease.
1. First, Eliminate the Bad Stuff
Before you can heal and support your immune system, you need to stop indulging in the foods and habits that are destroying and suppressing your immune system. The following are the worst offenders when it comes to damaging your immune system:
- Sugar, in all its forms
- Factory farmed meats
- Heavy metals, such as seafood, pollution, and metal dental fillings
- Processed foods
- Corn and soy
- Chemical additives
- Hydrogenated fats
- Ongoing stress
- Over the counter and unnecessary medications
- Erratic sleep patterns or lack of sleep
- Inactivity. Read more about ways you are ruining your immune system.
2. Now, Add the Good Stuff
After getting rid of all the things that harm you, let’s look at all the things you can add to your life to really rev up your immune system so you are ready for whatever life throws at you.
- Eat a wide variety (some refer to it as a rainbow) of locally grown, organic, fresh fruit and vegetables. Focus on garlic, turmeric, cruciferous veggies, lemons, berries, onion, ginger, and peppers.
- Get plenty of vitamin C through kale, oranges, camu camu, guava, and cranberries.
- Get plenty of vitamin D though fermented cod liver oil, natural sunlight, and/or vitamin D supplements if necessary.
- Eat some probiotics every day. Try coconut kefir, kombucha, kimchi, sauerkraut, and apple cider vinegar.
- Get some natural zinc through pumpkin seeds.
- Eat some adaptogenic herbs each week such as ginseng, reishi mushrooms and astragalus.
- Add some antiviral herbs to your diet each week such as oil of oregano, una de gato, olive leaf, and pau d’arco.
- Also add some antibacterial compounds to your diet each week such as goldenseal, Echinacea, and colloidal silver.
- Practice meditation and/or yoga for stress relief.
- Get moderate exercise.
- Practice grounding several times per week.
- Drink only clean, purified water.
- Get plenty of regular sleep.
- Wash your hands frequently.
Each of these things in and of themselves isn’t life changing, but all of the above work together like a very strong chain that wraps itself around your immune system and gives you protection like no vaccine or pharmaceutical ever could. It’s vital that you give your body all the proper nutrition it needs, along with a healthy lifestyle that includes regular sleep, exercise, and stress reduction. When you understand that your self-care and nutritional choices are what will make you sick or well, and then the right choice becomes easy.