- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Heal Stomach Ulcers Naturally
Some foods make ulcers even worse, such as processed foods and fried foods. Peptic ulcers also do not simply stop at abdominal pain. If left untreated, they can actually create a hole in the stomach, which will require surgery to repair.
Major Culprits That Make Ulcers Worse
- Spicy foods
- Coffee (even decaf)
- Salty red meats
- High sugar foods
- Carbonated beverages
- Processed meats (such as bacon or hot dogs)
Many people believe that drinking milk or even 50/50 (half cream, half milk) is the cure for their ulcer because they believe that it will “coat” their stomach the way milk coats the inside of a glass. While milk will offer some immediate relief (because it dilutes the acid), in reality, milk is making the problem worse. The calcium in whole milk is the one mineral that will actually increase the production of stomach acid.
By the way, if you smoke, quitting is perhaps the easiest way to heal your ulcers. Smoking causes your body to produce more stomach acid in a big way, which will only make things worse for both you and your ulcers. Find out 12 foods that will help you kick the smoking habit.
Continue to Page 3