- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Is Your Sunscreen Causing More Cancer Than The Sun?
How to Make Your Own Sunscreen Lotion
It’s also easy to put together your own natural sunscreen to protect yourself from too many dangerous rays. Just mix together 1/4 cup each of coconut oil, vitamin D, Shea butter or beeswax, and 1/2 cup of almond oil. If you want to add a fresh scent choose a couple of drops of your favorite essential oil. Mix everything together in a small pot and heat until completely blended. Put the mixture in small jars and keep them is a cool place.
How Much Sun is Enough?
In order to keep your body exposed to enough sunlight to keep your vitamin D levels intact, you should get out at least three times each week. If you have light skin you should stay out from 15 to 20 minutes each day; medium skin – 25 to 30 minutes each day; and dark skinned people can stay out from 40 to 45 minutes each day. You can always put on some aloe vera lotion, green tea extract or coconut in order to keep your pain levels low.
What’s on the Horizon?
One of the newest products that have been successful at protecting people against cancer from the sun’s rays is called Astaxanthin. It comes from the sea and is made up of marine algae. Not only can it safely protect against sun damage but it prevents your body from aging as well. You can look for this supplement in health food stores or take it in naturally by eating sockeye salmon that can be found wild in the Pacific ocean.