- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Lemons – A Very Versatile Citrus Fruit!
Beauty uses for lemons
Lemon juice has proven to be very useful for beauty treatment on a large scale. Here are some of the most popular ways lemon juice is used as a beauty treatment.
- The natural antiseptic in lemons is excellent for skin care. Good for treating acne, eczema, blackheads and wrinkles.
- The aromatic oil content is very effective when lemon juice is added to warm water for a relaxing, softening foot-soak to ease aching feet.
- Lemon juice applied to the hair and scalp before washing gives the hair a natural shine. It also helps to treat problems like dandruff and hair loss.
- A mixture of baking soda and lemon applied to the teeth using a cotton bud, is a perfect teeth-whitener. Leave on for a couple of minutes, then scrub off with your toothbrush, and rinse thoroughly.
- If your nails are dry and brittle from too many gel manicures, soften them up by soaking in lemon juice and olive oil. This mixture will also help with nails that have yellowed.
- Apply lemon juice directly to the skin to lighten age spots and other blemishes. Leave on for 15 minutes, and rinse off. Your complexion will be infinitely lighter and brighter.
Everybody wants to look good, but cosmetics promising the earth are expensive, especially those purporting to be natural. Lemon use is a great alternative for these pricy products.
Continue to Page 3