- The Dangers Of Heartburn And Acid Reflux Drugs They Never Tell You About
- What You Should Do to Find Out About How to Write a Personal Essay Before You’re Left Behind
- Top Tips and Herbs That Will Keep You Warm this Winter
- 10 Super Relaxing and Cleansing Detox Bath Recipes (#5 is Luscious!)
- Top Tips On Maintaining Wellbeing Throughout The Winter
- Top Signs You Need To Do A Liver Detox (And Best Detox Foods List Included!)
- 10 Foods & 10 Ways You Can Efficiently Boost Your Metabolism
Make Your Own Coconut Oil Pulling Chews
If you haven’t tried oil pulling yet, you really should! It’s a process very similar to the way in which you use mouthwash. Normally you put some coconut oil in your mouth and swish it around like you would mouthwash, only you do this for about 5 minutes, not 30 seconds. Then you spit it out into the trash. Using coconut oil instead of other oils for oil pulling will kill the bacteria known to cause cavities. You will be shocked at how quickly your teeth and gums will become healthier, feel cleaner, look whiter than you ever imagined possible.
Many people use an antibacterial mouthwash to help keep their teeth and gums in the best possible condition. However, did you know that oil pulling can offer you the same benefits, and more, than mouthwash could ever do? You can also save some money in the process. Most good quality antibacterial mouthwashes are fairly pricey.
If you or your children don’t like using mouthwash, then chances are good you won’t like oil pulling either. There is another option, however: oil pulling chews! Chewing on tabs of slightly hardened coconut oil is a great way to perform “oil pulling” and remove bacteria from your teeth in a fun way!
You can add various essential oils to these chews for some terrific flavors, such as wintergreen, peppermint, spearmint, cinnamon, or any other type of flavor that suits you. Your kids might enjoy some other flavors, such as cherry or strawberry, but these choices are up to you.
You can also pour this mixture into molds that make shapes your kids will find attractive such as dinosaurs, hearts, or monsters. Candy molds work well for this or you can simply cut this mixture into simple squares.
Store your chews in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer so they keep their shape and have a more enjoyable texture.
Here is the recipe for making your own coconut oil chews.
- ½ cup coconut oil (find out coconut oil benefits)
- 30 drops of essential oil of your choice.
- (check with your doctor before using if you are pregnant or nursing)
- Melt the coconut oil under low heat until it is barely melted
- Remove from heat and stir in your essential oils
- Pour into a small square glass container or silicon candy molds
- Place in the fridge or freezer until they are hard
- Cut into squares, or remove from molds and store in an airtight container
- One per day is all you need to do your own oil pulling routine
Here’s to healthy, white, happy smiles for everyone!