- How To Improve Concentration: 5 Most Efficient Advices
- Learn How To Use Coconut Oil For Weight Loss Infographic
- Best Essential Oils For Healing Bronchitis Naturally Infographic
- Is There A Correlation Between Creativity And Not Socializing?
- 3 Excellent ‘Because’ To Why Sprouted Grains Are Good For You
- 7 Healthy And Easy To Make Salads For Each Day Of Your Week Video
- The Science Of Alcohol Addiction
Make Your Own Gummy Chews that Beat the Flu
It seems as if the flu gets stronger and lasts longer every year, doesn’t it? Well, it doesn’t matter if it’s even a mild flu season, getting the flu really sucks. If you or your kids have come down with this year’s version (which comes with a complete loss of your voice!) then you are surely looking for ways to lessen its severity as well as its duration.
We have the answer for you! Elderberries are well known for helping to prevent the flu, as well as helping you kick it faster if you should come down with it. We have a recipe for you so that you can make your own elderberry flavored gummy chews that you can munch on anytime to keep the flu at bay or help you get over it quickly. One of the best things about these is that kids love them! You won’t be fussing with your kids trying to get them to swallow some awful tasting liquid. They will start asking you for these little jewels!
First, you need to make some elderberry syrup. If you have missed this recipe before, we are going to put it right here so you can get started.
- 3 1/2 Cups of pure water
- 1 Cup of raw, organic honey
- 2/3 Cup of black elderberries
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly grated, organic ginger root
- 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon of cloves
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about one hour, or until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 15 or 20 minutes.
- Strain into a glass jar and add your honey.
- Mix well. Store in the refrigerator.
Continue to Page 2