- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Make Your Own Gummy Chews that Beat the Flu
Once you have made the elderberry syrup, you are ready to make your gummy chews! These are great for really kicking the flu because these have all the immune boosting power of elderberries, combined with the gut benefits you get from gelatin.
Gummy Chews that Beat the Flu
- Glass container or silicon molds in any shape (great for your kids)
- 1 Cup of elderberry syrup
- ½ Cup of very hot water (but not boiling)
- ¼ Cup of gelatin powder (sold in almost every supermarket )
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil (for the molds or the pan)
- Use the coconut oil to grease the molds or the glass pan to prevent sticking.
- In a glass measuring cup, add ¼ cup of the elderberry syrup and the gelatin powder.
- Whisk together well.
- Add the hot water and stir quickly.
- Add the remainder of the elderberry syrup and stir until completely smooth.
- Pour into your pan or molds and put in the refrigerator until completely cool and the chews are firm (about 2 hours.)
- Remove from the molds or, if you are using a glass pan, cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- These will keep for about one week.
These are super easy, especially if you already have the elderberry syrup made. Enjoy!