- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Never Heard of Spirulina? 10 Reasons You Should be Taking it Every Day!
6. Beautifies Skin and Hair
Due to its high levels anti-oxidants and fatty acids, many people find that it slows hair loss as well as makes it beautiful and shiny. Spirulina can help your largest organ, your skin, from the inside out. Spirulina can improve your skin health as well as its tone.
7. Purifies the Blood
Since spirulina is high in chlorophyll and phycocyanin, this makes it a strong purifier of the blood. These two nutrients encourage cells to grow as they revitalize the blood.
8. Removes Metals from the Body
Spirulina removes not only heavy metals from the body, but it detoxifies the cells of a multitude of toxins. Spirulina can remove toxins such as arsenic, mercury, environmental carcinogens, and radiation. Spirulina can also help in transporting important nutrients over the blood-brain barrier.
9. Improves the Immune System
Spirulina contains 8 essential amino acids and as much as 10 other non-essential amino acids, along with dozens of minerals, B vitamins and fatty acids, there is no match for spirulina ability to improve and assist the body’s immune system.
10. Prevents Allergic Reactions
The Journal of Medicinal Food found in a study done in 2005 that spirulina effectively helped those who suffered from allergic rhinitis, more commonly known as hay fever. Regular doses of spirulina can help relieve most of the annoying symptoms allergy sufferers’ experience.