- 15 Reasons To Eat More Guavas (We Didn’t Know The Leaves Were So Healing!)
- 15 Super Foods That Naturally Lower Cholesterol (Can’t Get Enough Of #14!)
- 15 Of The Most Common Nutrient Deficiencies Most Americans Have
- This One Spice Will Turn Your Bath Into A Super Detox Experience
- 12 Toxic Compounds Hiding In This One Thing You Use Every Single Day
- The Absolute Best People Food That You Can Share With Your Pooch
- 15 Super Foods For Women Who Want To Be Smarter, Leaner, And Stronger
The Shocking Facts No One Ever Tells You about Juicing
Juicing is all the craze right now and for good reason. It’s a fantastic way to power your day and consume many of the nutrients that your body requires to work its absolute best throughout the day. But there are some things being said about juicing that aren’t really true. Although you probably won’t find anyone to say that juicing is bad for you or that it’s unhealthy, there are some things many people just accept as fact about juicing without every questioning it.
Keep reading and find out the shocking truth that no one ever talks about when discussing juicing.
1. You Will Lose Tons of Weight from Juicing
Well, this isn’t exactly true. A more accurate statement should be that you can lose weight while juicing, but it doesn’t mean that you will. Most vegetables are very low in calories, and even some fruits, but eating too much of anything (including drinking your calories) can actually pile on pounds instead of helping you lose them. A one half cup of fruit has only about 60 calories, however, juicing 4 or 5 cups of fruit can add up to 500 or 600 calories. If you are trying to lose weight, remember that juicing is not the same as consuming “free” calories- they still matter. And if you are adding honey, nuts, or anything else other than spices, be sure you add up those calories too.
2. Juicing Provides More Vitamins
This statement is partially true. Some fruits and vegetables contain tons of vitamin C and B vitamins that are destroyed simply by slicing and juicing. So in order to get the most possible vitamins from your food, always slice and prepare them just before juicing and, whenever possible, leave the skin on! See also juicing guide.
3. Juicing is Better For You than Eating the Whole Vegetable or Fruit
This is one of those “it depends” issues. For those of you who do not like most veggies, or even fruit, and you find it difficult to eat even one serving of fruit or vegetable each day, however, you love juice, then yes, juicing is a great way to get those vital nutrients into your body. For those of you who like most fruits and veggies and have no trouble getting your 5 per day, nothing is as good eating raw, organic fruit and veggies. Your body really needs the fiber and most of us don’t even come close to getting the recommended 25 to 30 grams of fiber our bodies need each day. Aim to eat or juice two whole fruits and 3 or 4 vegetables each day. Be sure to choose all different colors so you get a healthy mix of vitamins and minerals.
Continue to Page 2