- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Something You Use Every Day Can Alert You To Disease (You Won’t Believe What It Is!)
Researchers believe the reason for this is that lifestyle and diet play huge parts in whether or not a person will actually be affected by their genetic predisposition.
This new technology is being viewed by scientists as a watershed moment and could lead to a revolution when it comes to health care. The sequencers are becoming smaller and can be embedded into any product or device that comes into contact with the human body. These nanopore sequencers are already being used to test for Ebola in West Africa. They could eventually be used to check animals on farms for disease and remove them from the food line.
When you were in high school, you most likely learned the meaning of homeostasis. However, if you have forgotten what this means, it’s basically the ability of the body to seek and maintain its natural balance, even when faced with outside changes. For example, no matter the temperature of the room, your body can keep its normal temperature of 98.6. That is homeostasis. You might also think of homeostasis as natural good health and absence of disease. Your body is constantly working to maintain a state of homeostasis.
Why do we bring this up? Because when you have reached a state of homeostasis through a proper diet and good lifestyle choices, you won’t need this type of new technology to tell you whether or not your body is healthy. You won’t need this toothbrush to tell you whether or not you are going to be the sibling that develops their genetic predisposition for a certain disease. You will know that your diet and lifestyle supports the healthy homeostasis condition of your body.
Continue to Page 3