- Make It Yourself Lavender Heart-Shaped Bath Bombs!
- 20 Things You Never Knew About “Down There”
- 12 Best Foods For Those Suffering From Arthritis Pain
- 12 Personal Hygiene Mistakes Almost Everyone Makes (Mom Never Told You About #4!)
- 15 Medicinal Plants And Herbs From The Cherokee People
- 12 Mind-Blowing Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water During Pregnancy
- 12 Outstanding Winter Foods That Won’t Fatten You Up Like A Christmas Turkey
Stop that Headache with Sweet Lavender Lemonade
Is there anything more annoying than a headache? You don’t have to live with that headache for one more minute when you whip up a batch of lavender lemonade. We have the recipe for you right here!
Lavender essential oil has incredible healing powers for both the mind and body. Even though it has strong healing capabilities, it is also one of the gentlest of all essential oils, making it one of the most popular oils in the world. Lavender essential oil has a complex structure, with more than 150 active compounds, which easily explains why it is so effective against so many ailments. This sweet smelling and popular oil is naturally anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, antispasmodic, hypotensive, antidepressant, analgesic, sedative, and a strong detoxifier. That is a whole lot of wellness for one little essential oil!
Studies have shown that the essential oil from lavender can ease insomnia, labor pains, and reduce depression. Personal testimonies state that lavender oil can stop headaches, sinus congestion, hangovers, and other types of pain, offering much needed relief.
In fact, one research study out of Florida found that lavender oil reduced feelings of anxiety as well as lowered the pulse rate among nursing students who were undertaking stressful exams. Lavender aromatherapy has even been used in hospitals to lower levels of stress and anxiety pre-surgery. In this study, lavender oil was used in a diffuser and a significant number of the participants (85 percent) stated that they believed the lavender smell improved the environment.
Although there are no studies regarding lavender lemonade as a “cure” for headaches, there have been trials which show that lavender reduces stress, anxiety, and headaches for many. This lavender lemonade recipe should relax you and relieve the common stress headache within 30 minutes after consumption.
Continue to Page 2
Lavender Lemonade Headache Relief
- 6 Organic lemons, peeled and juiced
- 12 Cups of pure water
- 1 Cup of raw organic honey
- 1 Drop of lavender essential oil
- Fresh lavender sprigs or flowers
Simple mix all ingredients together and chill or serve over ice. You can add a bit more honey if you prefer your lemonade a bit sweeter.
Alternative ways to use lavender to relive headaches, stress, and anxiety are:
- Diffuse 12 to 15 drops in a room diffuser to scent the air for all day stress and headache relief.
- Add 2 drops of lavender essential oil to one ounce of your favorite unrefined, organic oil, such as sweet almond oil, coconut oil, or olive oil, for a delightfully scented body oil or massage oil.
- Add two or three drops of lavender oil to a cotton ball and place inside your pillowcase for a relaxing night’s sleep.
- Add 6 to 10 drops of lavender essential oil to a warm bath and soak away your stress and headache.
- If you prefer tea, you can make a nice tea with dried lavender flower heads and few leaves in hot water with a bit of honey. Allow to steep, covered, for 15 minutes.
Relax and enjoy the sweet, healing scent of lavender!